In this chapter discusses how teachers and students can critically research and evaluate the internet as a teaching and learning environment. The chapter begins with search engines how they work , and how to teach students to evaluate for slant, bias, and purpose of information they locate online.
this is my favorite chapter, because of the search engines, I often use GOOGLE, BAIDU, WIKI, and YOUTUBE to teach my students. There are lots of information you can find from internet, like video, examples and pictures. But every time, when i display how to use GOOGLE or other search engine, I was so nervous. The search engine always connect some sensitive words, these words will attract younger students, But the students are not mature enough to see. I think we should develop a unique search engine that avoid all kind of sensitive words and content, like some TV has parents control.
1.what the advantage and disadvantage does student to use search engine ?
2. Do you think wikipedia provide correct information anytime ?

No comments:
Post a Comment